Main Menu

Center Dash Speaker Recomendation

Started by Daveh, November 27, 2017, 07:27:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to get the most out of my center dash speaker on the Challenger.  I figure I would make a frame adapter to hold 2 speakers in there and was wondering what would work best a 3.5" speaker or a 4" speaker. 

Would I notice that much between the two sizes?  I'm just using an aftermarket stereo, no amps or anything crazy like that. Just speakers in the rear the kick panels and the dash.  What would you suggest? 

Dave

Cuda Cody

Daveh

Thanks Cody,

What do you suggest:

1.  Full Range speaker
2.  Mid-range speaker

Cuda Cody

The limited height that the cover causes with the center speaker I was thinking that using the 3 speaker set up would give you more options for better sound.  :notsure:  Not many good speaker fit under that center cover.

PLUM72

turnswitch.com has a double speaker with adapter plate that fits into the center dash speaker on an E-body and others.  Pretty cool solution, but it will cost you.  Its something i've been looking at for a while but haven't made the purchase.
http://www.turnswitch.com/speakers.htm  (all the way at the bottom of page)
-Dave
'72 Challenger
'13 Challenger

Daveh

Ouch those are expensive but cool.  I think I'll stick to my original plan and fab my own plate for the speakers and buy those separately.  Thanks

Burdar

There is a guy named Jerry Landes that makes a dual speaker bracket out of aluminum.  When I bought mine, it was only $26 shipped.  This one is for an A-body but he has them for E and B bodies as well.  You can use any 3.5" or 4" speaker you want.  Here is the email address I have for him. moparmad57@gmail.com

Daveh

Is that one plate or two plates around the speaker.  Looks deceiving? 

Burdar

That is one aluminum plate with two 4" speakers mounted to the bottom side.  The plate is designed so you can fit two 3.5" speakers down through the top.

For only $26, I didn't think it was worth it to design a plate, buy the material and make it myself.  I just got the speakers off of E-bay.  Total investment was less than $50.

Daveh