Main Menu

Fuel sending units that actually work well...

Started by 1 Wild R/T, September 22, 2019, 10:50:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Great News if you are running a Tanks Inc or similar fuel tank there is now a fuel level sender that actually appears to be quite accurate...

Unfortunately it won't work with the OE stock design sender location...

I changed my fuel sending unit, the old one was useless, kinda a bummer, my original one worked great but when I changed tanks and went to the EFI tank the new sender sucked... I got one of the new tube style senders & it works very well... When I filled the tank I stopped after 3/6/9/12/15 & 18 gallons & let the gauge normalize at each step... Each time it moved a similar distance & travelled from the empty mark to the full mark... It appears to be a good unit... Nice!

https://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=346/category_id=184/mode=prod/prd346.htm

Katfish

Yikes! That's almost 1/3rd the cost of my complete Spectra EFI tank with electric pump and sender.
I will admit my sender reads slightly low, it reads empty when there's still 4 gallons left, but I can live with that.  It's reads linear throughout the range, the extra at empty is my safety net.

Glad it worked for you.

RUNCHARGER

I don't mind the price if it works. Those Chinese stock style ones never read right and don't work without modifying to work with an EFI pump.
Sheldon

Cudakiller70

Quote from: Katfish on September 22, 2019, 11:05:43 AM
Yikes! That's almost 1/3rd the cost of my complete Spectra EFI tank with electric pump and sender.
I will admit my sender reads slightly low, it reads empty when there's still 4 gallons left, but I can live with that.  It's reads linear throughout the range, the extra at empty is my safety net.

Glad it worked for you.
I have the same tank, similar results, works well. I went in 2 gallon increments because car wasn't going to be ready to run for awhile and I had a 2 gallon can LOL. Read pretty well through the entire range. This is a good overall tank, pump and sender.

1 Wild R/T

And therefore worth the money in my opinion...

So many fuel gauges that don't work anymore... Having an accurate one is a good feeling..