Main Menu

Complete wiring harness

Started by BAM, March 04, 2021, 10:00:34 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BAM

Hello all,

Any recommendations on a complete wiring harness for a 1970 challenger SE automatic, 318, standard dash? Technically, i need every single wire inside out

JS29

Year one sells M&H harnesses, I bought some from them, exultant product. I get % discount codes every now and then. If you want to weight until I get another code for the big discount, I will let you know.   :alan2cents:   

anlauto

YUP M&H wiring from Year One is the best way to go....wait for a 30% off sale  :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Dakota

:iagree: Another vote for the M&H route through Year One.  If you're not in a huge hurry, it's definitively worth waiting for one of their sales as you can save maybe 30%.  The harnesses are made very well and the wire colors match what's documented in factory wiring diagrams.

BAM

Thank you guys. Already started adding them to my cart. I was trying to find a complete set for the car but it appears i have to get everything one by one. Do i need all those for the overhead console?

It will take a while to find everything i need and a very generous pocket  :('

Scooter

Prior owner of my 74 replaced interior and under hood harnesses using "Painless"... he is an electrical engineer by trade. This is what he thought of their kit....

:))

JS29

@BAM  If you have the C26 Overhead consolett, for an S/E or a Gran Coupe than yes. If not than no you don't need it. :alan2cents:

anlauto

Do you have the small SE rear window with the interior trim, one piece cardboard headliner and overhead console etc ???  If NOT then I would just stick with the regular headliner and eliminate ALL the SE overhead console and ALL of the associated wiring...

Then ALL you would need would be:

Main Dash Harness
Headlight Harness
Engine Harness
Tail Light Harness
Transmission Harness
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

EV2RTSE

:wrenching:

1970Cuda

I would concur: M&H Electric is the best, most accurate harnesses I have found. I have purchased them a number of times during the past 20 years and I have not had a problem with any of them. 

I bought the company's main wiring harness for my current 1970 'Cuda build, and I'm very happy with the quality. As a note, the company does not make a 1970 harness, but rather produced the '71 - '74 harness as they are nearly identical (except the horn relay) according to the company. And Year One included that too. Not the cheapest, but worth the price.

I'm thinking that now that I will be running the later model harness, I probably do not need to run the neutral safety switch then?

BAM

Quote from: anlauto on March 04, 2021, 02:21:15 PM
Do you have the small SE rear window with the interior trim, one piece cardboard headliner and overhead console etc ???  If NOT then I would just stick with the regular headliner and eliminate ALL the SE overhead console and ALL of the associated wiring...

Then ALL you would need would be:

Main Dash Harness
Headlight Harness
Engine Harness
Tail Light Harness
Transmission Harness

I do have the small window, the interior trim (is on it`s way as it was missing) and also the overhead console is on it`s way, complete with all the trim and lights and whatever else is there. I really like the idea of the overhead console but i didn`t decide yet if i`ll keep the small rear window as i`m not sure i want the vinyl roof

BAM

@anlauto I found all harnesses indicated, except the automatic transmission one. Could you please indicate a part number or link to it? so far, i`m down 1500$ on wires  :crying:

anlauto

Quote from: BAM on March 05, 2021, 12:22:55 AM
@anlauto I found all harnesses indicated, except the automatic transmission one. Could you please indicate a part number or link to it? so far, i`m down 1500$ on wires  :crying:

Looks like HU231N https://www.yearone.com/Product/challenger-cuda/hu231n

BAM

Quote from: anlauto on March 05, 2021, 04:11:10 AM
Quote from: BAM on March 05, 2021, 12:22:55 AM

Looks like HU231N https://www.yearone.com/Product/challenger-cuda/hu231n

Thank you! I appreciate the help!

BAM

Quote from: EV2RTSE on March 04, 2021, 07:16:09 PM
:wrenching:

Not really 30%... Anyway, that saves me some bucks so thank you for helping  :D