Main Menu

Custom Built Relay Harnesses ------- headlights, fans, fuel pumps, etc.

Started by Roadman, October 24, 2017, 10:00:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Roadman

I'm going to be building custom harnesses. These won't be one size fits all, but rather taylored to your specific application.

Things taken into consideration will be relay(s) location, what the relay(s) will power, what will trigger the relay ( ign. switch, toggle switch, headlight switch, etc ) battery location, etc.

I can also build multiple relay panels for race cars, restomods, customs, etc.

Kits will come complete with relays, harness sockets, wire, wire connectors, shrink wrap, cable ties  and instructions.

I'll be gathering up my electrical supplies and tools this weekend so I can start building next week. Cost will be my cost of materials plus shipping plus 10 bucks for cold beer.   :veryexcited:

So if your interested, send me a PM with as much info as possible about what you want to do.
Lifetime Warranty :  This is only for forum members of E-Bodies.org.

303 Mopar

Roadman

Thanks Dan. I'm also going to build some one size fits all headlight kits where the relays will be mounted under the battery tray or on the inner fender near the battery. They will be $25.00 shipped.  Also an A/C compressor kit where the relay will be mounted near the drier or compressor. $20.00 shipped.  These kits will work on just about any MOPAR.    :rebelflag"

Cudakiller70

@Roadman  on the headlight relay kits, will you include a sketch for install? Great way for you to shift gears and keep busy, at your age you need to keep working those brain cells  :pokeeye: :lurking:

I forgot what else I was going to say, never mind I'll go post something in the wrong forum :Thud:

Roadman

Quote from: Cudakiller70 on October 24, 2017, 09:09:38 PM
@Roadman  on the headlight relay kits, will you include a sketch for install? Great way for you to shift gears and keep busy, at your age you need to keep working those brain cells  :pokeeye: :lurking:

I forgot what else I was going to say, never mind I'll go post something in the wrong forum :Thud:

yep, instructions, wiring diagram, and all necc. parts to do the install.   :D

Cudakiller70

Quote from: Roadman on October 25, 2017, 09:26:27 AM

@Roadman
I'll take one for a 71 Challenger when you get rolling  :tool: I'm not in a hurry  :bigthumb:

Roadman

Quote from: Cudakiller70 on October 25, 2017, 10:11:16 AM
Quote from: Roadman on October 25, 2017, 09:26:27 AM

@Roadman
I'll take one for a 71 Challenger when you get rolling  :tool: I'm not in a hurry  :bigthumb:

You got it @Cudakiller70  Ill Pm you for shipping info early nevt week.  Thank you.   

73_Cuda_4_Me

Hey Roadman,

Are there new connectors included for headlights, or is it a cut-in set? Sounds like something I'd like to get a parts list of, and maybe get a headlight relay kit, depending on complexity and parts included...

I'm not worried about the complexity, but others may wonder... I was an electronic tech in one of my past lives...

Thank you for taking this on, as it will really help the reliability and proper functionality of the electrical systems of our E-bodies!!!

Hat's off to you, sir! (Not sure how you can do it for that price, though... !)
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

Roadman

Hey @73_Cuda_4_Me  thanks for your response. This kit is a cut in set, utilizing the stock forward lighting harness. I can build a harness utilizing connectors for the headlights, or any way you want it done. I want to build them custom for your applications. It will take some communication between us so I can visualize your car, possibly pics to.   :takepicture:  My goal is to build easy to install custom harnesses for our members.

Now, to answer your second question : I;m not doing this to make money ( well maybe a little extra for beer $). :veryexcited: These are only available to forum members. I won't be offering them anywhere else. I'm doing this to help our members that don't want to do electrical, don't understand electrical, want to save some bucks, and save our cars from melting down. Since I started the " WILL HELP YOU FIND YOUR PARTS THREAD " it has slowed down, but I still search twice a day. And I love wiring. It's my way of staying busy and helping my family here.  :grouphug:

So as I get rolling the biggest thing I'm working on is writing the directions. I want them to be easy enough for the novice to understand. I also want wire colors to match our factory colors to make it real easy.

I'm only using the best relays ( lifetime warranty )  non insulated connectors , plenty of shrink wrap, plenty of wire length, and plenty of extra connectors.

Anyway, thanks for keeping me busy.  Ya" ll ROCK.    :rebelflag"

GoodysGotaCuda

Looks good!

Bussman makes some nice relay/fuse boxes with bussed features. Perhaps something to consider if you want to make a jump to a different style. I used this box in my car. I was burnt out on wiring after finishing my car, but I really do like playing with wires. Traction control is next.  :burnout:

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Roadman

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on October 25, 2017, 04:23:04 PM
Looks good!

Bussman makes some nice relay/fuse boxes with bussed features. Perhaps something to consider if you want to make a jump to a different style. I used this box in my car. I was burnt out on wiring after finishing my car, but I really do like playing with wires. Traction control is next.  :burnout:
Wow, nice work @GoodysGotaCuda . Ya need to teach your baby girl wiring young.   :cooldance:

Roadman

OK, all my materials will be in by Tues, so the first 2 headlight cutin kits will go out no later than Fri. I had breakfast with @ToxicWolf  and he is going to help with directions and a nice schematic in color.  :rebelflag"

Roadman

I can also build switch panels to control the relays. I built these to control the relay panel on the Pro Street Car.

jimynick

Helluva good idea Mark and let me say thanks right now. I'd take one of those headlight relay harnesses for my 74 Challenger and if it's not TOO big a PITA, I'd also take you up on your offer to build one with the head light connectors if I may? I'm not in a hurry either. Thanks again and say HI to Jim for me, will ya? Ian
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Roadman

Quote from: jimynick on October 29, 2017, 09:25:41 PM
Helluva good idea Mark and let me say thanks right now. I'd take one of those headlight relay harnesses for my 74 Challenger and if it's not TOO big a PITA, I'd also take you up on your offer to build one with the head light connectors if I may? I'm not in a hurry either. Thanks again and say HI to Jim for me, will ya? Ian
No problem Ian @jimynick  . I will PM you this week.  Thanks.   :thankyou: