Main Menu

Dakota Digital gauges and new woodgrain decal questions

Started by nsmall, August 19, 2017, 09:53:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

I was told by performance graphics that they no longer sell the wood grain overlay unless you want to buy the bezel too.  Any guess of the next best vendor?  I am trying to like mine, but it has flaws in it.

As for the gauges.  I am about to take mine to redline guages near where I live.  They are supposed to be a good outfit but they want around $240 to convert my ammeter to a volt guage, $425 to rebuild my tach and speedo.  I am good with that, yet I would still be left with old looking guages , a broken clock, and down another $665.  So I somehow ended up on  :ebay: and found this....http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dakota-Digital-70-74-Challenger-Cuda-with-Rallye-Dash-Gauges-Kit-VHX-70D-CLG-K-B-/252990365865?hash=item3ae766a0a9:g:s~YAAOSw-itXq3jK&vxp=mtr

Anyone ever heard of this outfit?   I like the idea of these gauges if what they say about them is true.

Thanks for any input.  I do like the rallye gauges so I can live with them if needed.  I dont want to go full on crazy and custom.  Just something nice and functional. 

Neil

nsmall

Sorry, just thought of a better question.  Is there any solid aftermarket gauges out there any of you folks have used that you can recommend?  I would love something that fits nicely and works with stock wiring (not sure if that is possible).

Thanks

Cuda Cody

I really do not like the look of the overlay and mostly just put a new metal panel on.  I think I have a decal sticker around if that is what you are looking for?

Crash520

I've just installed my DD dash and love it, I had them customise the print to look more like the original, the only change I'd now make would be have the oil and water temp directly beside the tach with the volts and fuel far right, I purchase the bezel housing and wood grain plate from pg classic.
I used as much of the OEM wiring as possible and did not cut any of it.
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

nsmall

Cody, no worries on the decal, but yes mine is a little scuffed.

These gauges look like they might be a good option as it's only an extra $300 vs the work I need done to mine, but these will be NEW.

anlauto

Yea these gauges are $995 at Summit Racing and do about 10 times the amount of stuff factory gauges do....You can even hook up a GPS speedometer  :bradsthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

rebelyell

@Crash520 I JUST now put 2&2 together and realized you were over here too. I sent you a PM on the other site a few minutes ago.

Neil,

I'm going to go the Dakota Digital route with my car. To me, it's worth the $1200 or so for the custom gauge face like crash520 has. It was going to be that much just to buy the factory rallye gauge cluster and the DD does so much more. I don't think you can beat that GPS speedometer. They only make them in the rallye config which works for you since you already have that style dash. Unfortunately for me, I have to buy a new rallye gauge pod, fix the ammeter setup, and add a working oil pressure sending unit before I can buy the DD set.

nsmall

I took my Rallye gauges to redlines guages near where I live.  I think he is expensive, but after starting at my original gauges, I just didn't have it in me to swap them.  I post pics once I get them back.  Thanks