Main Menu

Door Jam Light Pin Question

Started by Daveh, September 13, 2018, 08:04:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

I'm installing a new under dash wiring harness and I only have one door jam light pin wire (drivers) on the new harness.  The old harness only has the one light pin also.  Is there another one on a different harness or should I splice in the old one with the new one and run it to the drivers side.  Thanks

Dave

Chryco Psycho

Not sure I understand the question , are you talking about different connectors ?

Topcat

I think I get what he's trying to say.

He has a 71' unique 1 year only 3 pin style connector harness.

He wants to convert it to be the more common 2 pin connector.

The 3 pin connector was used only on the drivers side door in 71'.

Finding a good 3 pin switch is getting very hard to find and are getting expensive if you do find them.  :takemymoney:

Topcat

Originals had a light rose pink color on the threaded portion.

I bought NOS one's years ago.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Daveh

No What I'm trying to say is that:

1. I already bought the 2 buttons from Dave
2. I'm replacing my old under dash harness with a new one
3. Both the old harness and the new harness is set up for 1 button, the drivers side
4. Can I remove the wired old one and splice it into the new one on the drivers side and run it to the Passenger side door.  Giving me buttons on both sides.

Another thought on a previous question - Are the buttons different on both side.  Does the drivers get the 3 PIN and the passenger get the spayed type button going to these wires?  Boy this is confusing.  The original owner butchered these wires to no end.  I'm glad I bought a new harness even though I'm going through all of this. Thanks 

Also my 71 Challenger is a convertible so no dome light.  But I do have the under dash light.

Thanks

Slotts

Here is a mind blower...  :huh:

All 72 models used the same three pin driver's door switch, too.

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

Topcat

Quote from: Daveh on September 14, 2018, 05:44:24 AM

Another thought on a previous question - Are the buttons different on both side.  Does the drivers get the 3 PIN and the passenger get the spayed type button going to these wires?  Boy this is confusing.   Thanks 

Also my 71 Challenger is a convertible so no dome light.  But I do have the under dash light.

Thanks

Just the drivers side is a 3 pin in 71'.

72'?   :thinking:

Passenger side is the standard type connector.

CudaMoparRay

Alright, this just got very interesting for me. Subscribing for the final answer.  :popcorn: