Main Menu

Electric connectors

Started by Kewl_Wheels, January 19, 2018, 04:30:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Kewl_Wheels

Hi guys this is actually a 2 part question does anybody of a source for replacment wire harness connectors.
And this one's off topic is there a way to change my user name or profile name?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cuda Cody

I know M&H have the connectors, but not sure they sell them individually?

http://www.wiringharness.com/

Just send me a PM (Private Message) with your new user name and I'll get it changed for ya.   :bigthumb:

Chryco Psycho

Kewl_Wheels

M&H says they will not sell connectors separate. The connector is for the a/c control buttons.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 19, 2018, 04:43:52 PM
I am guessing that is the dimmer switch connector
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dimmer-Switch-Connector-Plug-Pigtail-Ford-Mercury-Dodge-Mopar-AMC/300542052626?epid=1887639094&hash=item45f9b3c912:g:09wAAOSwrfVZP1m4&vxp=mtr

Looks like the fan switch to me.... And they burn up allot, I'd suggest adding a relay to eliminate the chance of another failure and to greatly improve the blower performance...

RUNCHARGER

If you can't find a new one. I cruise the PnP junkyard and look at newer Vans and Pickups etc. Chop out the plug you need and add it to your harness.
Sheldon

dodj

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 19, 2018, 06:38:36 PM
If you can't find a new one. I cruise the PnP junkyard and look at newer Vans and Pickups etc. Chop out the plug you need and add it to your harness.
:iagree:
That's the way i roll. Plus you can usually pick up a handful of relays,  an assortment of fasteners, and  a few things you didn't even realize you needed, all for just a few bucks
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Jay Bee

You can try Bill Evans. I've seen separate connectors for sale on his tables, just don't remember seeing that one.
http://www.evanswiring.com/

Topcat

Isn't that for A/C?

I believe I have one of those in good shape.

It's the whole harness.

Kewl_Wheels

Thanks... Evans wiring has the a/c harness listed for $25. If that's the case it's not worth replacing a connector.i didn't  See anything about individual connectors however out of curiosity I may ask when I call.

anlauto

When I start seeing melted and damaged wires like that....I REPLACE the entire harness...there's no telling what the copper wire looks like after 45 years. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on January 27, 2018, 11:55:10 AM
When I start seeing melted and damaged wires like that....I REPLACE the entire harness...there's no telling what the copper wire looks like after 45 years. :alan2cents:

The problem with that is while your getting the wiring back to like new the reason the harness is melted is it was poorly designed when new...  The switch also fails, as will a number of other connectors....  But have you noticed it's always those same connections that get smoked? Little testing to make sure the wire hasn't shorted to another wire or ground, then change the wire from carrying the load to just switching a relay is the better approach, Cheap, safe, much improved component & switch life... It's what all semi modern cars went to prior to going with electronic control modules... (Which are really just fancy relays)....