Main Menu

Electronically actuating Shaker cold air door

Started by Skdmark, October 08, 2020, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Skdmark

Has anyone ever seen or converted a Shaker cold air door mechanism to be operated electronically instead of via cable?
How was it done?

I'm thinking of mounting a high torque servo motor to the bellcrank, wired to an under dash controller with an activation switch.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

Then you're still relying on one cable why not put an actuator inside the bubble ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Skdmark

Quote from: anlauto on October 08, 2020, 02:46:06 PM
Then you're still relying on one cable why not put an actuator inside the bubble ?

I'm trying to eliminate the dash cable. I figured there is more room outside the Shaker than inside.This way I don't have to add the cable hole in the firewall. Adding and hiding a couple of wires is much easier.

If someone has succesfully mounted an actuator inside the shaker, I would be open to that too. Pontiac had a solenoid inside the 70 1/2 -72 Trans Ams shaker. The solenoid was actuated by the carb linkage and would open and close with the throttle.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane: