Main Menu

Fell from under dash

Started by billdogg5, August 11, 2020, 03:58:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

billdogg5

Hey, i have a 74 challenger Rallye and this fell from under the dash near gas pedal. Noticed it after going for a ride. Everything seems to work, except signal lights which is another issue im trying to figure out. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

7E-Bodies

I'm doubting those components date back to 74. With an electrolytic capacitor and that coil,I'd have to guess an attempted hack on a radio. But I'm reaching.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

billdogg5

Ok cool, thanks your guess is as good as mine. Doesn't look like it belongs anywhere. Nothing looks missing

7E-Bodies

Back in the day, guys used to build chokes for radios to eliminate static. Again, a guess.

billdogg5

Well i appreciate your input, thanks again

1 Wild R/T

Cap & coil = cross over... At one time your car had a bumping stereo...  Well bumping for the eighties.... Which was light years more than a seventies car stereo....

billdogg5

Ok cool thanks, that's interesting

YellowThumper

I have a 74 also and have been into everything under dash. Nothing of that is factory.
I do also agree it was probably a hack for radio noise.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

billdogg5

ok great, thanks for the response very much appreciated.

you've been into everything under the dash, heres another one for ya haha

signal lights worked for awhile, then started to cut in and out intermittently when in use. Now they do not work at all. Hazard lights and brake lights both work. Flasher works (put a new one in). At the moment my front indicator on driver's side has been eliminated awhile ago when i put on new fenders, still have power to passenger side indicator (still there tucked under hood) when hazards are on, but no power when turn signal  is on. Turn signal switch in steering column? anywhere i should be looking in particular?

thanks again!

1 Wild R/T

Like I said before, crossover...

billdogg5

There it is, cool man thanks!

7E-Bodies

Scientific name: Staticus Eliminateus  :lurking:

YellowThumper

Quote from: billdogg5 on August 12, 2020, 11:26:27 AM
ok great, thanks for the response very much appreciated.

you've been into everything under the dash, heres another one for ya haha

signal lights worked for awhile, then started to cut in and out intermittently when in use. Now they do not work at all. Hazard lights and brake lights both work. Flasher works (put a new one in). At the moment my front indicator on driver's side has been eliminated awhile ago when i put on new fenders, still have power to passenger side indicator (still there tucked under hood) when hazards are on, but no power when turn signal  is on. Turn signal switch in steering column? anywhere i should be looking in particular?

thanks again!
If there are partial connections I would surmise grounding issues. Or lack there of would be my guess.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

billdogg5

Ok ill try hooking up the missing indicator and check all the grounds, thanks for getting back to me

Cheers