Main Menu

Gas gauge issue

Started by Spikedog08, June 16, 2024, 07:12:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

Quote from: Jay Bee on September 18, 2024, 06:32:11 PM
Quote from: Jay Bee on June 16, 2024, 01:22:27 PMSimplest initial test is ground the blue wire the turn ignition switch to ON or ACC, gauge should move.
When I wrote this it was meant to say to ground the blue wire....at the sending unit. Pull it off the sending unit then ground it there. If the gauge pegs that will tell you that everything from the sending unit to the gauge is fine and that there's a problem with the sending unit.

Could be a sunk float, bad internal ground, rheostat arm inside the unit fell off (all of which actually happened to various units of mine). Also, may have bad rivet connections on the unit etc, etc, etc.

Well I will remove the ground at the gauge and see what happens . . Would have been easier at the tank for sure . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Jay Bee

Quote from: Jay Bee on June 17, 2024, 06:03:32 AMI usually put a bolt inside the blue wire's connector. 

Yeah sorry about that. I was hoping when I wrote the above it would have lead you to the tank. Just for further clarification the blue wire on/at the sending unit is power pulsating 5v.

This sentence confuses me, did you mean to say Blue wire?
Quote from: Spikedog08 on September 18, 2024, 07:52:51 PMWell I will remove the ground at the gauge and see what happens

Just some FYI here...
https://forum.e-bodies.org/electrical-and-audio/11/fuel-sending-unit-issues-and-tests/30136/msg326452#msg326452