Main Menu

Getting gauges checked

Started by Racer57, November 09, 2017, 06:38:34 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Racer57

I'm pulling my gauges out for the 6th time and getting awful tired of doing it. Speedometer 2 times, tach 2 times, dimmer switch 1 time. I already have a 3rd tach from Redline ready to be put in and while everything is out going to send the amp gauge to them to be changed over to volts. Just sure as hell with the way my luck is going on gauges, either the oil, water temp or fuel will quit. Is it worth the expense/hassle while they are out to send them off to Redline to be checked also versus buying new OER gauges? Is there any modern improvements they can do ? While I do trust them, I feel better asking here first.

btw, In the past I have seen ways to check them out to see if they are presently working in this forum, but I want to be sure they don't take a dump a week after everything is installed.

Spikedog08

Did you watch the video in the resources area of the site?   :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Racer57

Quote from: Spikedog08 on November 09, 2017, 08:18:05 AM
Did you watch the video in the resources area of the site?   :dunno:
Yes. But they are currently working properly. Would Redline modernize them so that I feel confident they don't quit within a month or so due to age ? Or is new OER the only option ? I'm sick and tired of everything working then a month or so later I'm pulling my frikkn gauges out again.

Shane Kelley

They don't really do anything to the other gauges other than test them and pretty them up. All the other gauges are pretty reliable and you rarely see one fail. The problems with those usually relate to sending units or wiring issue. If they work now I would just run them. :alan2cents:

Racer57

Called Redline. They require that the entire cluster is sent to them so they can properly install the volt gauge and make sure that everything else works. They answered all other questions for me.