Main Menu

head lights

Started by Cratos, October 09, 2020, 05:53:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cratos

Well I had the Grinch out at night for the first time ,and the darn head lights would just go out and then come back on a min later!! all wiring is new as is everything else switch was supposedly gone through when the dash was sent out and reconditioned. Also when I hit the brakes the light flicker once.
Any ideas? ( if it's not one dam thing it's another!!!    :huh: :clueless:

Cuda Cody

Has the car been painted?  Sometimes grounds can be the issue.

dodj

If your lights go out and then back on a minute or so later.. repeatedly....I'm gonna say your switch is suspect.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Burdar

Your switch should have a circuit breaker in it.  Sounds like something is tripping the breaker and when it cools off, it resets.  It could be a bad switch or something else causing a high current load through the switch.

Shane Kelley

I have had the high beam switch cause this issue.  :alan2cents:

Jay Bee

Quote from: Burdar on October 09, 2020, 06:42:34 AM
Your switch should have a circuit breaker in it.

I've had this happen. Drove home with just the parking lights and road lamps on. Replace the headlight switch and the problem went away. I suspect it was my internal circuit breaker.

Those

I had the same  issue when I replaced my headlights with halogen bulbs. They draw more current and would trip the circuit breaker in the headlight switch. I had to go to two 12 volt relays to get power to the headlights.

Chryco Psycho

Cratos

got a relay kit, man are the light bright now!!

Jay Bee

Quote from: Cratos on October 13, 2020, 10:06:42 AM

From who/where?  crackedback (Ron)?

Chryco Psycho

Yes or build your own as I always did  :dunno:

crackedback

Quote from: Jay Bee on October 13, 2020, 02:39:56 PM
Quote from: Cratos on October 13, 2020, 10:06:42 AM

From who/where?  crackedback (Ron)?

He got the kit from me.   I believe we got his issues worked out.

Rob

Cratos

yes all is well now!! I also added his alt to battery bypass  my volt gauge is no reading steady 15 volts ( ammeter bypassed)