Main Menu

Rear speaker fader switch - different

Started by Sir Keppa, December 10, 2018, 01:05:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Sir Keppa

Hey everyone,

my car came with a factory AM 8-track which is long gone.
I want to reinstall one of those one day but for now i have an AM/FM installed.
Besides that i am thinking about adding the rear speaker option (i have a 3 speaker dash with crossover right now).
I allready bought a nice used rear speaker harness but i am missing the rear speaker fader (Rallye) switch.
On my search i figured out that there were two different rallye style fader switches.
One seems to have one single flat connector with multi-colored wiring and one came with green/black wiring and three standard type connectors on them...

Can someone tell me the difference and what i should look for?

Thanks
Global is the new local!

headejm

My 1970 R/T also came with the factory 8-track player. My fader switch has 5 multi-colored wires and one black wire. All of the wires go into one gray colored connector. See photo including factory part number.

anlauto

The shaft is the wrong length on this one, but you get the idea of what you need.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on December 10, 2018, 06:22:43 PM
The shaft is the wrong length on this one, but you get the idea of what you need.

What C body donor did that come from?

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on December 10, 2018, 06:48:17 PM
Quote from: anlauto on December 10, 2018, 06:22:43 PM

What C body donor did that come from?

I just found the picture on the interweb
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Sir Keppa

Thank you for the help guys!
Thats the other switch that i found online.

I think i need another radio harness for the 5 speaker setup because i dont have that fader connector you showed.
Global is the new local!

anlauto

Correct, the one in your picture is for a three speaker system, the double one is for a five speaker system

Sir Keppa

Is there a difference between the rear speaker harnesses too or are they all the same?
Global is the new local!

anlauto

6bblgt

Quote from: anlauto on December 11, 2018, 01:46:54 PM
Correct, the one in your picture is for a three speaker system, the double one is for a five speaker system

I think what you meant was:
1 pot for rear speaker (AM radio) with one front & 1 rear speaker (2 total)
2 pots for STEREO rear speakers (AM/FM & AM w/8-track stereo) with three front speakers & 2 rear speakers (5 total)

anlauto

Sir Keppa

Could someone show a picture of a correct 5 speaker rear harness (1970)?
I cant really locate the mentioned differences in the connectors or even differences for 70, 71+.
Or maybe someone can identify that one here.
Global is the new local!

anlauto