Main Menu

Heads up Display: Anyone install one on their car?

Started by Topcat, October 26, 2018, 05:00:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

RPM is something I want to watch well while giving her all she's got.

In front of me. Not have to take eyes off the road and look down below.

When you're going full throttle, it's not really good to look down at the RPM's.

Anyone put one in their car?

I see there's some aftermarket one's out there. 

GoodysGotaCuda

I would think something aftermarket like that wouldn't be very good, most HUD windshields have different layer treatments to help project the image.

I'm not sure I have a desire for a HUD, rev limiter and no lift-shift doesn't make me worry very much about rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Brads70

:iagree:   I have a rev limiter in the MSD box. 
It's a classic car , enjoy it for what it is IMO.... :alan2cents:

jordan

I had a car with HUD.  I didn't think I would care for it.  But once I got used to it, I thought it was awesome!  Loved it.  I think Goody has a point about the windshield.  Maybe the new retrofit kit has that addressed.  I say do it.  Nobody else will know except the driver.  You can't really see it in the windshield from the passenger side.  New cars with HUD look like it is a photo since the pixel technology is so good. 
"Don't brake until you see God!"

CudaMoparRay

If your talking full RPM shift racing then this is what I use in all my cars. Keeps you free to concentrate on the race and potential dangers of the road instead of looking down and / or over to see the tachometer.
They have one that also has two shift points eg. full throttle and specific rpm (gas mileage) shifting points.