Main Menu

Help identify three pin connector on column harness.

Started by TGGodfrey, September 27, 2020, 05:27:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

TGGodfrey

Good evening Gents.

I looked through the online schematics and couldn't find anything to go on.  On my AAR, the column has this three pin connector that doesn't go anywhere.  Anyone recognize it?  I am starting to think it's a harness from a different year.  I have the two large connectors that the schematics show and all features of my column work, ignition, turn signals, hazards.  I am waiting for a FSM before i take the column apart to find out what it goes to.

Thanks

Terry

YYZ

That looks a lot like the connector for cruise control...which theoretically was not available on an AAR.

TGGodfrey

I thought about that but cruise should have been 4 wires.

TGGodfrey

Looks like maybe a 73 ebody.  Probably a generic replacement at one time.

anlauto

The generic replacement signal switch  like the  SMP TW7 has that separate harness for corner signaling lights found on some large C Bodies and trucks I believe....something like that.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Fastmark

Quote from: anlauto on September 27, 2020, 07:42:33 PM
The generic replacement signal switch  like the  SMP TW7 has that separate harness for corner signaling lights found on some large C Bodies and trucks I believe....something like that.

Yes. This is correct.