Main Menu

Ignition wiring harness connector pins

Started by Jim AAR, May 05, 2021, 04:05:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Jim AAR

Is there a trick to get these out, I need to replace a melted wire I found from my own mistake on my engine harness wiring, never thought it got past the bulkhead but it did. Now I need to replace the wire it melted and want to do it pin to pin but I need to get it out of the connector.

Floyd

tparker

I don't know, but typically you can remove pins on the back side. Usually there is a little clip or catch that allows it to be pushed in then get's engaged. They make tools that help to get most out, but it can still be a pain to get the pins out.  Not sure about that specific connector. Can you post a pic of the reverse side?

72RoadRunnerGTX

Those Molex pins can be manipulated with a small screwdriver to release without the need of the special tool. Push in the two locking tabs on each side to release. The tabs will need to be restored to their original position to if you intend to reuse them.

Jim AAR

Quote from: 72RoadRunnerGTX on May 05, 2021, 04:40:06 PM
Those Molex pins can be manipulated with a small screwdriver to release without the need of the special tool. Push in the two locking tabs on each side to release. The tabs will need to be restored to their original position to if you intend to reuse them.
I thought as much and did try that but it wasn't moving so I pushed a small screwdriver between the plastic and the pin and it moved and I got it out undamaged and was able to reuse it.

It must have got hot in there and stuck to the plastic but it didn't melt it, luckily.