Main Menu

light bulb socket

Started by wimpy, January 14, 2021, 02:42:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

wimpy

Does anyone know where to get light bulb sockets for turn signal ind. or parkbrake ind. in dash cluster ?

RUNCHARGER

Any auto parts store that handles Pico product line and a parts person that is motivated enough to look them up.

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Pico-5457C-Dash-Light-Socket-Assembly,387045.html
Sheldon

wimpy

Those are not the the right ones. These have a pigtail on them.

Jay Bee

I think your best bet would be to try and find a junk harness and salvage the sockets.  IIRC the parking brake socket is kind of unique with 2 wires coming out of it.  Maybe those sockets were used on other manufacturers cars too.

wimpy

The turn signal and parking brake indicators use the same sockets,single wire the metal clips that hold the sockets into the cluster provide ground for the bulbs.

RUNCHARGER

Ah, sorry, those are the ones everyone looks for.
The Pico book will have those ones with the pigtails too, I don't have the measurements handy though. And yes there will be lots of them in the JY in various applications as well.
Sheldon

Jay Bee

Quote from: wimpy on January 15, 2021, 07:44:23 AM
The turn signal and parking brake indicators use the same sockets,single wire the metal clips that hold the sockets into the cluster provide ground for the bulbs.

Ah, I'm going to have to disagree, the brake light does have 2 wires and no metal clips. Pretty unique socket.

wimpy

Jay,yes you are correct two wires and thanks for the help.

Jay Bee

Did you ever find your sockets?
Ever since you posted I've been curious as to why you're looking for them, yours missing or damaged.

Plum70Dodge

I wonder if an autometer 2359 would work?  I think its for a 5/8" hole?

anlauto

Too bad you're not close by, I just cut all of them off of a brand new M&H wire harness to install Dakota Digital dash.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

wimpy

My socket was missing one of the mounting tabs. So it fell out of the mount. I put back in with a dab of rtv . On the edge. So far so good. Thank you guys for responding!