Main Menu

location of the reversing light contact

Started by THE ZUKE, November 11, 2018, 09:42:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

THE ZUKE

Hi guys  ;) 

On my Cuda 1970 I have a problem because reversing lights don't work.

I looked for the switch and I did not find it.

The lights are well connected but they do not light up when I pass the speed back (The bulbs are good).

Do you have a draw or picture to the location to this switch ?

I will also need the electrical connection plan, do you have that ?

Thank's for the answer.  :ohyeah:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

RUNCHARGER

There is a switch mounted in the transmission with an electrical plug that mounts onto it. Frequently the plug is not firmly attached. It is easy to check the wiring. If you pull the plug off the switch, one side should have power to it with the key in the on position.
Sheldon

anlauto

On the driver's side near the middle ... Fairly easy to swap out after you drain the oil...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

THE ZUKE

Quote from: anlauto on November 11, 2018, 10:25:17 AM
On the driver's side near the middle ... Fairly easy to swap out after you drain the oil...

Yeah !! Thank you very much for this good information. :clapping:

THE ZUKE

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on November 11, 2018, 10:12:53 AM
There is a switch mounted in the transmission with an electrical plug that mounts onto it. Frequently the plug is not firmly attached. It is easy to check the wiring. If you pull the plug off the switch, one side should have power to it with the key in the on position.

Thank's for the answer  :ohyeah:  I will verify that.  ;)

73_Cuda_4_Me

I would check to see if you have 12 volts going to the back-up lights in the trunk when it's in reverse first (car not running). The grounding at the rear tail/backup lights is especially susceptible... I have occasional problems even now with the housing not grounding properly. I use a fine wire brush and some dielectric grease to reestablish good ground contacts...
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

THE ZUKE

Quote from: 73_Cuda_4_Me on November 12, 2018, 06:02:07 AM
I would check to see if you have 12 volts going to the back-up lights in the trunk when it's in reverse first (car not running). The grounding at the rear tail/backup lights is especially susceptible... I have occasional problems even now with the housing not grounding properly. I use a fine wire brush and some dielectric grease to reestablish good ground contacts...

Really I do not know, I have to check about that.

Thank's for the information  :)

THE ZUKE

News  8)

For those who do not know.

Here is the location (Red circle) of the mechanical contact that allows to actuate the electric part of the reversing light.   :lookatthat: