Main Menu

1970 challenger/cuda turn signal switch

Started by joppe, January 05, 2022, 06:41:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

joppe

hi, i know this has been the issue earlier, but I have a queastion not answered in the earlier post;
i bought a replacement turn signal switch. it was said to fit 70-74 challenger.
i have a 70 challenger, and I noticed that the hazard light switch knob was too wide to fit. after reading posts here, 1970, one year only, had a narrower knob. well, considering the delivery time from usa to finland, i grinded the knob down, to make it fit. after installing the unit nothing works as should, and hence my question:
is the size of the above mentioned knob the only difference, or is it an electrical issue as well?
the unit I bought was said to be made in the states, but from the look i rather say some other country.
Johan

joppe

thanks for yr reply. all works with my original switch, i want to replace it as the lever is non-original, and the hazard switch is broken. so, basically,the problem started with the new switch installed. i have tried the original on the side, it still works as should.

joppe

nobody has replaced the turn signal switch on a 70 cuda or challenger and bought one where the hazaed switch knob needed grinding as it was too big?

anlauto

Quote from: joppe on January 06, 2022, 12:01:29 AM
nobody has replaced the turn signal switch on a 70 cuda or challenger and bought one where the hazaed switch knob needed grinding as it was too big?
I've done lots of those but never experience the problems you're having...I was using the Standard Products switch, but recently tried the one from OER, so far no issues :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Check the plug wires, make sure they're in the correct order as in my picture and make sure none of the pins get pushed out when it's plugged in.

joppe