Main Menu

N88 E body Speed/Cruise Control System

Started by screamindriver, July 04, 2018, 06:55:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1970GranCoupeConvert

Super happy to have found this thread.

Circa 1987 I retrofitted my 1970 Barracuda to speed control and I used an Imperial system from a wrecking yard.  Back then my 340 had a 6 BBL and when I got off the highway and pressed "resume" I am here to tell ya that the car would "get on it" without my foot on the accelerator pedal...yikes.

The 6 BBL is long gone but I still have the car.

I am now converting to power brakes and because of the booster the Imperial servo bracket no longer works where it was installed because the booster moves the master cylinder too far forward.

To make this work it looks like I now need the non-existent 1970 E-Body bracket or the later 71-73 bracket.  I am OK with not exact parts so if anyone has a source for the later servo mounting bracket I would appreciate the lead.

Also the upper speedo cable donated from the Imperial is 32 inches and since length matters I came up a bit short...so I need the 36 incher...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Bill

Oh...I almost forgot the dancing bananas...

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

1 Wild R/T

Since you mentioned your okay with non-concourse type parts... The aftermarket does sell speedometer cables for cars with cruise that work fine... They have knurled nuts on the end instead of hex nuts...

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/dodge,1970,challenger,7.2l+440cid+v8,1495993,interior,speedometer+cable,1440

1970GranCoupeConvert

Thanks for the lead on the cable.

I am trying to find a 1973 B-Body speed control bracket and I will weld up the three holes and then redrill the holes to match the e-body.

Does anyone know where I can get the B-Body bracket?

1970GranCoupeConvert

Since the E body speed control turn signal lever is hard to find...will a 68-69 B Body work?  It appears to have two yellow wires and a blue and black so I am concerned the switch is not wired the same.

I am OK with the lever being shorter and farther forward...I currently have the 1974 slider switch and it stopped working...so I am looking for options.