Main Menu

70 cuda rear light harness

Started by B5fourspeed, November 28, 2021, 09:43:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

B5fourspeed

I was having issues with my rear lights.I checked the grounds and try everything.Come to find out the connector for the main dash harness to the rear light harness had 2 wires that were in the wrong positions.These were brand new yearone harnesses.It is hard enough to restore these cars, you don't need issues like this happening.

anlauto

Ouch... :pullinghair: that sucks....it's not the first time I've heard of this either...I guess we have to keep in mind that these things are made by humans, humans make mistakes. :'( 

It's one of those issues that hard to diagnose as well  :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Claudia

I had a similar situation with my new '71 front park / turn signal pigtails . . . connector was installed backwards.

ply64post

Here is a vendor that makes all the harnesses that are listed and very nice quality. Have used his harnesses.

Jeff               :bigthumb:

http://evanswiring.com/default.htm

http://evanswiring.com/catalog.htm

FE5CUDA

Quote from: Claudia on November 29, 2021, 10:55:27 AM
I had a similar situation with my new '71 front park / turn signal pigtails . . . connector was installed backwards.

Just curious, why not switch the plugs in the connector which is probably where the issue was?

Claudia

Quote from: FE5CUDA on December 02, 2021, 08:42:07 AM
Quote from: Claudia on November 29, 2021, 10:55:27 AM

Just curious, why not switch the plugs in the connector which is probably where the issue was?

Are you referencing the bulb socket end . . . if so, I already had them crimped onto the housings when I found out there was an issue.