Main Menu

Rallye Gauge Wiring Harness VS Standard Harness

Started by Daveh, November 20, 2017, 04:11:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Can someone tell me the difference between the two harnesses?  I'm thinking of getting a new one but only have until midnight to get the 30% discount from YearOne.  For now I'm putting in aftermarket gauges but at some point down the road may want to change to a Rallye cluster?  You never know but it's good to be prepared. 

Anyone know the quality of the Year one harnesses?  I'm thinking most are made by the same company. 

https://www.yearone.com/Product/challenger-cuda/hu291e

Thanks

71GranCoupe

Manufactured by M&H and the closest to an OEM you will find. They are the exclusive supplier to year one on the dash harnesses. I bought one about a year ago and it looks near perfect. As far as differences, I believe the Rally setup has the wire for the tach, other than that no major differnces, maybe someone else will add to this.  :alan2cents:

Daveh

Mine is also a convertible will there be the connection for the convertible?

71GranCoupe

I believe the verts got a separate set of harnesses for the drop top portion. Kinda like when ac or power windows were ordered, there was a separate set of harnesses for the ac or other options that was routed separate from the main harness. This way, it kept costs down on main wire harness, so they could service several different builds, just add the other harnesses for what options were ordered.

Daveh

I'm curious - why would the Rallye gauges be less expensive then the Standard?  What am I missing?  I was just going to get the Rallye just incase someday I wanted to switch to the Rallye cluster.  What you think?  If the only difference is the tach wire.  I just want to be completely sure before I pull the trigger on spending that much.  Thanks

anlauto

Because for every one of the standard harness they sell, they probably sell twenty-five rally dash harnesses  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Daveh