Main Menu

rallye gauges

Started by roguedc72, May 28, 2020, 05:55:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

roguedc72

I'm having issues with no gauge function, after reading up here I find that the oil pressure sender is different for the rallye dash, searched the crap out of ebay and can find no special designation for a sender, not even a part number, does anyboby have a sender sitting around that I could the p/n from? thanks in advance,then I'll move onto the fuel,temp and tach,

ply64post

Quote from: roguedc72 on May 28, 2020, 05:55:16 PM
I'm having issues with no gauge function, after reading up here I find that the oil pressure sender is different for the rallye dash, searched the crap out of ebay and can find no special designation for a sender, not even a part number, does anyboby have a sender sitting around that I could the p/n from? thanks in advance,then I'll move onto the fuel,temp and tach,

This information was taken from the 70-71 dealer parts book.The oil light and the oil pressure gauge take different oil sending units.

With oil pressure gauge on rally dash

part #2495444 up to 3-71 all v/8's

part #3488609 after 3-71 all v/8's

part #3004106 oil pressure light standard dash all except imperial

The different  numbers, I would guess, would be just the switch pressure settings are different.

Check with Standard Parts Co they should have what you need

PS-59

Oil Pressure Gauge Switch

Switch - Oil Pressure Gauge

POP: B Per Car: 1
Add to Saved List

PS59T

Oil Pressure Gauge Switch

Switch - Oil Pressure Gauge

POP: B Per Car: 1

https://autoplicity.com/424158-standard-motor-products-oil-pressure-sender?utm_source=google&utm_medium=surfaces&utm_campaign=shopping%20feed&utm_content=free%20google%20shopping%20clicks&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1euuwI_Z6QIVBL3ICh2B-wDEEAQYASABEgKea_D_BwE

Hope this helps
                                                      Jeff

Jay Bee

For reference, they're physically different too.

Bullitt-

looked this up on rockauto.com 
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=44334&cc=1078444&jsn=541

you can test your gauge/wiring by simply grounding the wire that goes to sending unit .....gauge should peg.. Same with fuel & temperature
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]