Main Menu

random no start issue/ grinding noise video

Started by 340Rallye, October 14, 2020, 04:19:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Jay Bee

Quote from: 340Rallye on October 16, 2020, 11:37:30 PM
turns out the new starter blew somehow

if I come off as ignorant it's because I am.

No you're not! Nobody would expect a new starter to be shot. Give yourself a pat on the back instead. Nothing quite like that feelin of accomplishment.

Rich G.

Just because it's new in the box doesn't always mean it's good! Especially with some of the crap they sell now.

RUNCHARGER

Glad you got it. It's too bad one can't count on new or rebuilt parts being good these days.
Sheldon

340Rallye

craziest thing is the new starter that crapped out was a duralast from autozone DL3258. it's the one pictured on their website. they said they had another in stock to swap out. I opened the box and inside was a mini starter. box and starter were marked DL3258. told the guy it wasn't right. even he thought it was odd. he called the other stores that had them in my town. they were mini starters too. he called the town over and the next town. asking each time if they could pull a part and open to look. all mini starters. no idea what was going on. had them refund my money and got one at o'Reilly.

im not opposed to mini starters seems like a lot here run them.  just didn't want one.

I took a picture of the starters together. one on the right is the one that went out. left is the one they tried to replace it with. both are same part numbers.

RUNCHARGER and Rich G. agreed! sometimes you really can't trust newer/ remade parts or what's in the box these days.