Main Menu

Rear speakers

Started by Rdchallenger, October 27, 2021, 04:45:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rdchallenger

I'm going to install the package tray soon and I have the one with the small holes for rear speakers. What type of speakers is everyone using in the rear? I'm assuming 6x9, also heard a rumor if you mount them underneath then you wouldn't have to cut your package tray from the speaker sticking out.

ledphoot

I am gonna run JL Audio C2-690tx's on the rear reck. I will most likely hang them from underneath the package tray and leave the panel uncut.

318Stroker

Mount them from underneath. Also, when shopping for speakers, make sure that they don't have center cones so high that it will interfere with the package shelf laying flat. I've got Alpines, don't remember the model #.

dodj

Two 6x9's mounted from below in the rear. A lot easier to do if the rear seat back isn't in place.
Two 3.5's mounted in place of the original front centre speaker. Might be 3"...can't remember for sure.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brentstella

I mounted Kicker 6"x9"s on top of the package tray and cut a hole in card board package tray. I figured the the package tray is inexpensive so cutting it isn't an issue. I had a hard time mounting them from underneath because the tweeter protruded too much and hit the bottom of the package tray.

70/6chall

I have the factory R35 5-speaker am/fm roll-dial stereo still in and working very well. Talk about vintage sounds. Besides the speakers in the dash I mounted from underneath the rear package tray a pair of Pioneer 6x9 tri-axial speakers. All still works and sounds like it was originally intended. Even the green light in the stereo face still illuminates when an fm station is dialed in. Here's a real vintage radio sound I had for a while a Motorola stereo reverb mounted, remember these, I got tired of of the resonate reverb sound, it makes the inside sound like it's a large concert hall, I disconnected it awhile ago.

Wayne

Quote from: dodj on October 28, 2021, 07:21:33 AM
Two 6x9's mounted from below in the rear. A lot easier to do if the rear seat back isn't in place.
Two 3.5's mounted in place of the original front centre speaker. Might be 3"...can't remember for sure.

Thats interesting...do you have a picture of that?

I haven't installed a radio yet but was wondering my best option for up front with a 1 speaker dash. 
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

Brentstella

Restro sound has 3.5" speakers that will fit, I have them in my car.