Main Menu

rebuild, send out to be rebuilt or replace cuda wiper motor

Started by culp71, August 11, 2020, 11:07:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

culp71

anyone have any info on how to rebuild a wiper motor for a cuda? or just replace?
And a way to test to see if current is worth or able to rebuild?
or better to send it out to an expert of rebuilding these?
would like to do it myself but not sure where to start.
thanks

Dakota

I don't know enough about Cudas to tell you how they are the same or different from Challenger wiper motors, but I rebuilt the wiper motor for my Challenger.   The main issue was that the wire insulation on mine had fallen apart, so I ended up replacing everything between the motor and the wiring coupler.   The rest of the work mostly involved removing hardened grease and replacing it, plus putting in new grommets and ground strap.   Overall not a terrible task.   I think I got most of my parts from here:

www.passion4mopars.com

I may still have some of the Nomex paper I bought separately to replace what was inside the motor if you find you'll need some.  I won't be able to check for another week or so but just PM me if you need it.

On the "blog/knowledge base" tab on the above website, there are separate articles on how to bench test a 2 or 3 speed wiper motor.

I also ended up sending my motor to Bruce Somers on the recommendation of another member here when I couldn't get mine to work.   Bruce found a loose wire in the replacement harness, after which everything worked fine.   If you want his email address, just PM me.   

There are some other folks who do wiper motor work that others can hopefully add.

6bblgt

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

anlauto

Yup...there a few guys doing quality restorations on wiper motors :twothumbsup: don't be afraid to ask around to find the best one for you. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon