Main Menu

Road lamps don’t have a ground

Started by Wayne, January 14, 2020, 04:11:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Wayne

My car was missing the road lamp harness from the firewall to the lamps and the switch.  Picked those up but noticed the road lamps have 2 bullet nose connectors.  Looking at the manual and the road lamps vendors are selling each lamp should have a ground eyelit connector.

Has anyone seen them like this before?  I did a quick 12v check with and there seems to be no polarity. 
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

Rich G.

I don't think it matters which one is the ground.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

screamindriver

The mustang road lamps are near identical to the cuda road lamps and are sold as a cheap alternative..The quick and easy ID is the mustang units have rivets around the housing to hold the inner braces...The harness you have is for the mustang..As stated, pic your end and install the ring terminal...At one time you could buy the cuda  harness for the road lamps ...Blue wire would have the bullit connector and black would have the ring terminal...

Wayne

Quote from: screamindriver on January 14, 2020, 07:16:35 PM
The mustang road lamps are near identical to the cuda road lamps and are sold as a cheap alternative..The quick and easy ID is the mustang units have rivets around the housing to hold the inner braces...The harness you have is for the mustang..As stated, pic your end and install the ring terminal...At one time you could buy the cuda  harness for the road lamps ...Blue wire would have the bullit connector and black would have the ring terminal...

So there is a mustang part on my car!! WTH  :D  I'm ok with that for now.  Thanks so much for the detailed response, and quick response from everyone! 
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

Chryco Psycho

If you were to switch to a LED light in there Polarity will matter FYI

73_Cuda_4_Me

:Stirring:

Actually, if the filament is wound clockwise, the positive voltage has to go in on the left, grounded on the right...

If it's wound counter-clockwise, then the current flow should be opposite of that...

:vipermanhiding:
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

Chryco Psycho

73_Cuda_4_Me

:cheers:

i COULDN'T RESIST...

Actually, in all circuits, the current really does flow opposite the voltage.... from negative to positive!
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

JS29

Quote from: 73_Cuda_4_Me on January 15, 2020, 03:32:36 PM

Actually, if the filament is wound clockwise, the positive voltage has to go in on the left, grounded on the right...

If it's wound counter-clockwise, then the current flow should be opposite of that...

:huh:   :haha: :rofl:

crackedback

Those pesky Australian roadlamps winding the other direction.

JS29

Quote from: crackedback on January 18, 2020, 12:13:34 AM

Maybe they are that way because they drive on the left side of the road.  :notsure:

Those pesky Australian roadlamps winding the other direction.