Main Menu

Shifter wire

Started by Ohiowoodchuck, January 15, 2022, 06:29:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Ohiowoodchuck

Is this the correct wire that goes to the shifter. Someone labeled it upper shift light.

anlauto

Here is a picture of the complete two part harness, then a picture of the one part that goes down the passenger side door post, across the floor and the light socket plugs into the shifter.

The shorter wire with the bullit terminal plugs into the three terminal orange connector, goes across the dash and meets up with the floor section.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Ohiowoodchuck

So it runs clear over to the passenger side door then under the carpet to the shifter.

anlauto

Quote from: Ohiowoodchuck on January 15, 2022, 07:39:39 PM
So it runs clear over to the passenger side door then under the carpet to the shifter.

yup
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Jay Bee

Here's one colored in...

Ohiowoodchuck

Thank you. What book is that in. Maybe I need to get it so I can sort this out better. Maybe the wire I ran down there is for the map light.

anlauto

Those pictures are from the service manual, we have the service manuals all available right here on our main page because this is the best E Body website in the world :twothumbsup: