Main Menu

Source for battery cable cloth wrap

Started by ksierens, August 16, 2017, 05:59:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ksierens

Does anyone have a source for the nice cloth wrap on the positive battery cables?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1970 Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack 4 Speed Dana 3.54

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

69BFan

We can provide you with the correct style tape as used on the original cables and as found on the reproduction cables that are marketed as a Authentic Mopar Restoration piece that most of the vendors retail.  Just drop me a message if your not able to find it.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

FSHTAIL

I found friction tape the matches identical from a sporting good store

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

anlauto

I was thinking he meant a cloth wrap to protect it from heat like found on Hemi battery cables  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ksierens

I think the friction tape is sticky on the outside.  The tape that came on the cable, before I modified it, was also cloth, but a little shinier and not sticky.
1970 Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack 4 Speed Dana 3.54

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration