Started by 76orangewagon, October 12, 2017, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: Shane Kelley on October 12, 2017, 02:28:30 PM
Quote from: anlauto on October 12, 2017, 02:05:58 PM
Quote from: Shane Kelley on October 12, 2017, 10:28:37 AM
Quote from: anlauto on October 12, 2017, 10:12:18 AM
They were round from the factory :alan2cents:
While I sure don't know for a fact but I think some were rectangle. This is one that was on my 71 when I took it apart. Original? It fits the bracket perfect.

Did you purchase your car brand new ?

Don't know to many 5 year olds buying new 71 Cuda's. So that would be a BIG no!
That's why there is this (?) behind the word (Original). I was wondering if some cars could have possibly came with the rectangle flashers. Early, later or superseded kind of thing. Let me ask you this. Can you say positively for a fact none ever drove off the lot with them?
I will say this. I have restored several makes and models of cars over the years I had never seen the rectangle flashers before these last couple Mopars I have done.

No I can not say anything for a "fact". My experience has been opposite, having restored 32 E Bodies, I've never come across a rectangle shaped flasher unit like in your picture. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shane Kelley

Then there's this.

Shane Kelley

These are the ones that were in my 71 when I took it apart.

MoparDave

I have a misc box or relays pulled from a variety of e-bodies.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Chryco Psycho

The clip works well for both & yes I have also seen flashers both round & as above in Ebodies

anlauto

Quote from: MoparDave on October 13, 2017, 06:43:39 AM
I have a misc box or relays pulled from a variety of e-bodies.

Me too... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

76orangewagon

Just ordered a NOS signal Stat 175 on eBay for $13.00...in  researching the topic and searching the Inter-webs I see that the "A" and "B" body crowds have addressed the same question with about the same outcome...... some say "rectangle" and some say "round".

Shane Kelley

Quote from: 76orangewagon on October 13, 2017, 11:56:43 AM
Just ordered a NOS signal Stat 175 on eBay for $13.00...in  researching the topic and searching the Inter-webs I see that the "A" and "B" body crowds have addressed the same question with about the same outcome...... some say "rectangle" and some say "round".

Your going to need another one. When you found that one did you search for Stat 175?

76orangewagon

Quote from: Shane Kelley on October 13, 2017, 12:53:53 PM
Quote from: 76orangewagon on October 13, 2017, 11:56:43 AM

Your going to need another one. When you found that one did you search for Stat 175?
Shane,
I believe I typed in signal stat 175