Main Menu

Turn signal return shut off

Started by Ccuda, June 01, 2022, 11:31:34 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Ccuda

Have replaced the turnsignal switch in my 70 AAR and can't get the shut of return to work for my left side signal. Tried a few positions of the column but still no luck. Any Thoughts out there? New switch wiring from Classic.3 rd harness installed now. Lights work well but that return shut of ??
Ccuda

anlauto

Is the crush can tighten down as far as it will go ? it's the tab on the lock ring for the horn contact that cancels the signal lights....if the crush can is not on far enough, maybe the tab is missing the signal switch ? Long shot, but you never know :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparLeo

Broken tab the most likely if the lever doesn't function correctly. After market switches are of questionable quality. Remover the wheel and start over to be sure.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

anlauto

Yup, certainly weird one way works and the other way doesn't :thinking: :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Okay, so my latest car, I've been driving it for a bit now with a brand new turn signal switch, OER brand from Classic Industries, and it will not cancel the signal light in either direction ??? Is it a problem with their switches ?

dodj

Sounds like the plastic tab on the turn switch assy for the left signal has broken or bent. There is a plastic 'ear' on the switch. If it was the crush can tab, it wouldn't cancel either way.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

MoparLeo

moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...