Main Menu

Two speed wiper motor problems

Started by Shoooter, August 05, 2019, 09:59:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

I installed my two speed wiper motor today and I seem to have a problem. I plugged it in and turned it on, the motor parked itself then nothing else. It was bench tested and worked great. I haven't hooked up the linkage so it isnt binding. Is the switch bad?

Chryco Psycho

ground is most likely , the dash switch panel needs to be grounded properly

Shoooter

Is there a ground wire on that switch panel or it is through the housing?

Jay Bee

Quote from: Shoooter on August 06, 2019, 05:46:19 AM
Is there a ground wire on that switch panel or it is through the housing?

Here's a picture from mopar jack that I modified a bit.

Shoooter

Is the headlight switch grounded through the same spot. My headlights are working. I will check later today thank you

Shoooter

I grounded it and still nothing. There is a orange wire that comes off the switch but I cant find out where it goes. I have a orange wire hanging down by the kick panel on the passenger side not sure where that one goes? It's a AC car.

Shoooter

Could it be a under dash light or cigarette lighter? I cant find a plug in for it to go into. Would that even effect the wiper motor? Maybe it's the wrong wire

Shoooter

dodj

There would be an orange wire for the A/C control in that area, but the wiper motor wires should be Brown, Dark Blue, Pink, Dark Green, and Red.
I see this is a month old. Did you get it sorted out?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Jay Bee

Quote from: Shoooter on August 11, 2019, 11:50:40 AM
There is a orange wire that comes off the switch but I cant find out where it goes.
I don't see any orange wires coming of the switch.

I'm also curious if you got this sorted out.

Shoooter

Yes I did thanks to everyone here. My car has a manual floor pump for the washer. I accidentally  had the orange wire hooked up the spot for the electric pump on the switch. The orange  wire was supposed to go to a under dash floor light.

As for the problem with the wipers not working it was a ground like people said. There is a screw that comes up from the bottom through the plastic into the frame. It squishes the ground tab that the switch is mounted to on the back side of the plastic . Well when my dash was painted  I never cleaned off the clip that mounts to the dash frame so it wouldnt ground the switch. Cleaned off the paint and it worked right away. Thanks again everyone.

JS29