Main Menu

Weird Electrical Issue...

Started by anlauto, June 23, 2022, 08:00:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

My signal lights all around work fine, as do the emergency flashers. :idea:
My park lamps work fine all around, on the first "click" of the headlight switch as well and with the headlights on (second click)

When I have the signal lights on, flashing either left or right, they work fine UNTIL I turn the headlight switch on, either click...THEN the front (only the front) signal light stop flashing and just stay on bright with both elements of the 1157A(incandescent NOT LED) bulb lite up :huh:

If I un-plug the park lamp connector and turn it 90* and plug in only the signal light half.....Of course I have no park lamps come on, but the signals work fine with or without the headlights on.  :looney:

:pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

toadstool

Guess... Either the lamp bulb is not fully rotated in the lamp socket and the two lamp pins are shorting to each other to the lamp socket. Or grounding
70 Cuda Convertible

Filthy Filbert

Fix your grounds.

It sounds like the light is, instead of grounding normally, it's backfeeding through the positive side of the opposite light being commanded.   Once you command BOTH turn signal and parking lamp filaments, you have nowhere for the ground to go, and you end up with a 0 voltage condition..