Main Menu

What is this connector for?

Started by Poolshark314, September 23, 2020, 10:22:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Poolshark314

Underneath the front passenger seat, I see this connector unplugged, but not sure what it is. What is this for? The female end is under there as well but as far as I know it hasn't been plugged in.
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Poolshark314

Thanks. Guess it's a good thing there wasn't a failsafe in place for those if they were disconnected back then
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

340sport

Alan, not questioning your knowledge just asking a question.  Is there a seatbelt warning light on the passenger side? I'm rather new to E-bodies, but never really noticed one on an A-body.

anlauto

Quote from: 340sport on September 26, 2020, 11:12:22 AM
Alan, not questioning your knowledge just asking a question.  Is there a seatbelt warning light on the passenger side? I'm rather new to E-bodies, but never really noticed one on an A-body.

I don't really know either...I refer all 72-74 questions to Darren, much more knowledge about those years then I.  How about it @Burdar  ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Burdar

Here's the routing for that harness.  There is a strip of metal just above the seat frame.  When someone sits in the seat, the metal strip grounds on the springs and turns on the seat belt light.

Poolshark314

Thanks for the information @Burdar ! I guess it doesn't hurt anything to leave it unplugged then
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

chargerdon

Just be thankful your car ISNT a 1974 model.   In 1974 the fed government mandated Seat Belt Interlock system...  with it and a person in the passenger seat, the car wouldn't start if the seat belt was unbuckleld and of course the driver had to have thiers buckled as well.
  !!!!!!!   

340Rallye

Quote from: chargerdon on October 02, 2020, 11:55:15 AM
Just be thankful your car ISNT a 1974 model.   In 1974 the fed government mandated Seat Belt Interlock system...  with it and a person in the passenger seat, the car wouldn't start if the seat belt was unbuckleld and of course the driver had to have thiers buckled as well.
  !!!!!!!

ha I just watched a video on YouTube about this. all the old mopar tech vids. what's not mentioned is if the passenger or driver unbuckles while driving if the engine will shut off. my vote is no. maybe under a certain speed/idle. anyone know?