Main Menu

Where to mount the 3.5" control screen for Holley Sniper??

Started by chaps70rt, April 12, 2021, 04:36:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

chaps70rt

Just completing my Sniper EFI conversion and now am fussing with where to mount the monitoring screen??

a)  Hide it under the dash with easy access?

b)  Drill a hole in the console and hide it under the lid?

c)  Use some Velcro and mount it for constant viewing?

Wondering what others have done for this .....
70 Challenger R/T
440 4-BBL, 4-speed, shaker
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi

Skdmark

I'm getting ready to start installing a sniper in my car too.

Short-term I was going to fab an under dash bracket.

Long-term I'm looking at using a console mounted cassette  housing and fab a faceplate the sniper display can mount in. The faceplate would replace the cassette player. The extra space next to the display on the faceplate I would add USB charging ports.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/electrical-and-audio/11/factory-floor-console-mounted-cassette-question/20609/
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

ledphoot

70pumpkin

I struggled with where to mount as well.  Not wanting to drill or fabricate anything, I searched and found this magnetic device called Clutch-It.  It's magnetic and pivots in all different directions.  Mine is mounted under the ashtray, to the left of the vent control.  Sniper stays on in all types of driving  :)  Only drawback is that the display is low and difficult to read while driving. 
Link: https://www.amazon.com/ClutchIt-Original-Magnetic-Movable-Holder/dp/B06XSXMM1L/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=clutch+it&qid=1618243248&sr=8-2

70pumpkin

IRON MAN

Chaps- I like the velcro idea because the screen is then portable and can easily be relocated.

chaps70rt

Those are both great ideas ...... I like the ashtray idea also!!  Would like to see a picture of that!!   Funny thing is that I was thinking the same.

I plugged in a USB charging port in the cigar lighter with blue LED's for easy finding at night time.   The possibilities are endless and the ideas that you have all come up with are terrific.    Keep them coming!!
70 Challenger R/T
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi

chaps70rt

70Pumpkin

I just researched the Clutchit      Going to order.     That's a great idea ..... for many things!!!
70 Challenger R/T
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi

Mr Lee

I bent up an aluminum bar and screwed it to the bottom of the dash frame for my gps.  Not sure if you're screen would fit here but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

chaps70rt

That's a great idea also.   Unfortunately, that won't work for my car as the speaker control is in that position.

I think that I may try and create a mount similar, but have it just below the ash tray and slightly forward of the same.  Also going to try the magnetic phone style mounts.   Great ideas .....
70 Challenger R/T
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi

anlauto

Is it something you need to see all the time ? Why not in the glove box? :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

chaps70rt

The monitor provides numerous dynamic read-outs; Voltage, Air/Fuel, temp, RPM's ..... etc.   Not urgent, but nice to see what is going on for reference.  Especially good if noticing that it is not running great.
70 Challenger R/T
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi

Skdmark

I wound up with a nice, but inexpensive phone mount off Amazon. Around $10
Holds the screen securely in the far-left corner of the windshield. I tuck the Sniper wire between the dash and the kick panel.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane: