Main Menu

Wipers only work on high cuda 71

Started by Meyer, September 01, 2020, 01:39:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Jay Bee

Well, I don't know what that blue does but it should be there.

TGGodfrey

The Blue Wire is part of the reversing or PARK circuit.  In other words the blue is not used for the regular on position.  Blue only goes active when the switch is turned off.

Use the bench test procedure the Passion has on their website, the one already posted by another member. 

The wires you have on the 3 speed wiper motor are not a simple wire 1 for slow, wire 2 for fast.  The Wiper Motor has 2 coils in it.  The Coils configuration is altered by the switch so that when on low speed, the coils are in series but out of phase so that one coil works against the other coil.  The Switch then reconfigures the coils to work together to create a fast forward speed.  A schematic and coil diagram are kind of needed to explain it.  Its easier to understand when you have the motor apart as well.

In Jay Bee picture above, the Green Coated wire goes direct to one of the motor brushes.  The Red, Yellow, Black Fiberglass covered leads go to the coils in the casing.  The Last remaining brush is grounded.  For that reason you need a good ground to the motor.

Terry

Meyer

All my wiper arms etc is 2 speed... but since it has a shaker someone only switched the motor not knowing what it takes to do it right!!!

So i need a 3 speed motor/wiper linkage.... and no im not paying 900 for a complete set on ebay...

Jay Bee

All you'll need is the crank that comes off the motor and the link that comes off that crank. Keep in mind that the cranks and links are different for different years. Yours being a 1972 "shouldn't" be that expensive, IMO.

Oh, and that's probably why that blue wire was missing, 2 speed set-ups park different than 3 speed ones. I believe it's done somehow through the cams in the link arm.

Meyer

It parked in the middle og the stainless steel trin at the area where the blades should park. It has humps where they parked...

As far as what kim says from passion4mopar i need the small wiper arm and the correct link arm