Main Menu

Wiring Harness Connector & Wire Pulling Tight W/ Pic.

Started by Daveh, September 11, 2018, 06:47:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey Guys,

As you know in putting back the car I'm replacing the under dash wiring harness.  The previous owner spliced the hell out of it with household wire nuts.  I've been pretty meticulous about labeling and moving and attaching the smaller harnesses to the main under dash harness. 

However if you look in the picture one of the connectors and wire are pulling on each other where I'm concerned the brown wire may snap.  That's why I temporally put on the zip ties so as to not stress the wires until I figure this out.

1. Does the 2 grey connectors go together?  I thought I labeled them well but stuff happens.
2. What is that wired for?
3. Maybe they just get zip tied together so as not to stress that brown wire?
4. Where does the connector where the brown and orange wire go? 

As always any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your help.

Dave

Jay Bee

The connectors you're talking about are radio related. Apparently you use the black connector with the brown and orange if you have the "radio with tape". If not, you separate the 2 grey plugs and your AM radio just plugs into the one with the 2 oranges and red w/white tracer. I edited a portion of the color schematics to show this.

Daveh

Awesome that's perfect.  I'll unplug them since I'm installing an aftermarket radio.  Thanks again.