Main Menu

70 Challenger 440 Alternator Source

Started by schlett7nu1, September 21, 2018, 04:20:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

schlett7nu1

All
New to the forum.  I have a 70 Challenger R/T with a 440 Magnum.  Automatic transmission and no AC.  The alternator was replaced years ago.  It's a square back alternator with single pully used with electronic regulator.  Looking to determine the correct alternator and pulley part numbers.  Also need a source for a correct rebuilt date coded alternator.  I'm working to get the car back to original configuration.  Recently retired with plenty of time to have fun.
thanks
Dereck

xx88man

:welcome:  from Chilliwack B.C. Canada. I can't help you with your part numbers but I'm sure there are plenty of helpful people that will chime in. Your '70 Challenger R/T sounds awesome......how about sharing some details and some pics? Is it a U code or V code?? I love Challenger R/T cars!! 
:wowzers:
Keep yer foot in it

schlett7nu1

Greetings
Love BC.  I used to go out to Okanagan helicopters in Vancouver 35 years ago when I working in the aircraft industry.  I have a rather rare car.  It's a 70 Challenger R/T 440 Magnum convertible with 27920 original miles.  727 auto.  One repaint back in 92 otherwise original.  Alternator was replaced and distributor was replaced with an electronic version.  I plan on only a sympathetic resto.  Car still runs and drives as new.  I've had many chats with the original owner.  Fully documented car.  1 of 163 built.  I have the Galen report.  Nice time capsule.
Dereck

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the site @schlett7nu1   :welcome:

Do you have a build sheet for your car?  That would list the alternator on it. 

VCODE

Thinking a 172 alternator. Getting hard to find
Bob

schlett7nu1

I spaced out for a moment there.  Build sheet lists 37A 3438172 with mono pulley.

schlett7nu1

Wow.  172 restored with required date code $650 on up. 

superdave

:wowzers: Nothing like a Challenger convertible. :banana: What color? :popcorn:

anlauto

You really have to pay to play the numbers game  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

xx88man

Quote from: schlett7nu1 on September 21, 2018, 05:06:02 PM
Greetings
Love BC.  I used to go out to Okanagan helicopters in Vancouver 35 years ago when I working in the aircraft industry.  I have a rather rare car.  It's a 70 Challenger R/T 440 Magnum convertible with 27920 original miles.  727 auto.  One repaint back in 92 otherwise original.  Alternator was replaced and distributor was replaced with an electronic version.  I plan on only a sympathetic resto.  Car still runs and drives as new.  I've had many chats with the original owner.  Fully documented car.  1 of 163 built.  I have the Galen report.  Nice time capsule.
Dereck

Your car sounds amazing! Where are you located?
Keep yer foot in it

Cuda Cody