Main Menu

Wiring Instructions, A/C compressor cut in relay harness.

Started by Roadman, November 01, 2017, 11:56:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Roadman

Disconnect battery.

Decide the location for the relay and install.

Find the dark blue wire that comes from the bulk head to the pressure switch on the drier. Cut this wire near the relay. You can cut it on either side of the drier.

Connect the wires from the relay as follows:

White-  Power wire, connect to the positive terminal on the alternator.

Black-   Ground wire.

Blue-    Connect to the Dark blue wire you cut, from firewall.

Blue/ Black-  Connect to the dark blue wire you cut, to compressor.

Yellow-(OPTIONAL) Connect to idle up solenoid.

Reconnect battery, test operation. Tape up wires for a clean look.

NOTES:  This is for a stock wired car w/factory air.  If your car has Vintage Air, or most aftermarket units, they already have relay for the compressor.

crackedback

I build a relay set up for the compressor utilizing the factory connectors.

One thing I'll add to the above post.  I believe VA suggest pulling power from the fuse box.  This may expose the bulkhead to the AC loads both ways, coming in and going out to the compressor.

Thanks for the invite to the site Roadman.  Hope I can be of assistance to the members.  Got another member that said it was a great site.

Roadman

@crackedback  welcome aboard man.   :welcome: I'm really glad you joined up, was starting to wonder if you would. I'm sure between the 2 of us we can help all our members with electrical needs.   :veryexcited:

ToxicWolf

Roadman

Thanks for the pic @ToxicWolf .  I have a couple ready to go @$20.00 shipped.    :rebelflag"

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Roadman on November 01, 2017, 11:56:45 AM
NOTES:  This is for a stock wired car w/factory air.  If your car has Vintage Air, or most aftermarket units, they already have relay for the compressor.

I have a Vintage Air so don't need it but a great product for those who do.

Roadman

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on November 04, 2017, 02:46:39 PM
Quote from: Roadman on November 01, 2017, 11:56:45 AM

I have a Vintage Air so don't need it but a great product for those who do.

Actually, as @crackedback  stated in reply #1, the Vintage Air unit pulls power from the fuse box, then out thru the bulkhead. So you could add this kit under the hood and eliminate that load at those 2 points.  Adding this kit is basically using a relay to trigger a relay. Cheap insurance. Sorry, I didn't think this thru when I started this thread.  :sorry:           :rebelflag"    @CudaMoparRay

Roadman

:unitedstates:   :rebelflag"   I was contacted by a member that wants to add an idle up solenoid to activate when the compressor is running. That is no problem, just one more wire. So just mention that when you order, same price $20.00 shipped. 

Dakota

Just marking for future reference.   Great stuff Roadman.