Main Menu

Wiring Instructions, cut in headlight relay harness.

Started by Roadman, October 30, 2017, 01:37:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Roadman

1-   Disconnect negative battery cable.

2-   Mount relays in desired location.

3-   Remove a 4 inch section of the tape on the forward lighting harness. Just to the right of the battery.  Find the red and violet wires, cut them in the middle.

4-   Using the included wire connectors connect the wires from the relays as follows.
                             Black-  This is the ground wire. Connect to neg. battery terminal, or the pigtail @ core
                                        support

White-  This is the power wire. Connect to the positive battery terminal, or starter relay.           
                              Red-    Connect to the Red wire that you cut in the lighting harness, from firewall.

Red/Black tag -   Connect to Red wire you cut in harness, to headlights.

Violet-   Connect to the Violet wire you cut in the lighting harness, from firewall.

Violet/Black tag-  Connect to the violet wire in the lighting harness, to headlights.

Notes :  Make sure to use the shrink wrap at each connection. Once all is hooked up, reconnect the negative battery cable, test headlights. Wrap the wiring from relays and the lighting harness with electrical tape. I'm including my phone # in the kits should there be any questions or problems.  I'm including more than enough connectors, shrink wrap, cable ties, and wire length to do a nice clean looking, and operating system. You only have to have a good pair of wire strippers, crimpers, dykes and some tape. Please share some pics of your install and some feedback.  All of my kits carry a lifetime warranty, money back guarantee. You don't pay until you receive your kit, and your happy with it.

dave73

Looks good to me - what terminal on the starter solenoid for " White-  This is the power wire. Connect to the positive battery terminal, or starter solenoid.  "

Roadman

Quote from: dave73chally on October 30, 2017, 01:52:53 PM
Looks good to me - what terminal on the starter solenoid for " White-  This is the power wire. Connect to the positive battery terminal, or starter solenoid.  "
The terminal that the pig tail from positive battery cable connects to.   :rebelflag"

Roadman

Quote from: dave73chally on October 30, 2017, 01:52:53 PM

I should have called it the STARTER RELAY. I'll fix that. 

Roadman

2 harnesses built this morning. Just have to get some plastic bags for the terminals, etc Im including with the kits.   :rebelflag"

dave73

Roadman

Quote from: dave73chally on October 31, 2017, 12:12:21 PM
Post some pictures. And how much?

I'm going to post some pics hopefully by Thursday.  $25.00 shipped. 

Roadman

This is another kit I can put together for a custom look. Positioning of the relays and terminal block can be done in any configuration, any wire length. Wiring instructions would be the same as above. 2 relay kit for headlights is $35.00 shipped.  3 relay kit for headlights/roadlamps is $45.00 shipped. Money back guarantee, life time warranty. You don't pay until you receive your kit, and happy with it. My kits are only available to members of this forum.   :rebelflag"