Main Menu

10 or 29 Spline Large Yoke for T/A with 489 3rd Member?

Started by BillyB, July 14, 2022, 09:16:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BillyB

I have a 1970 Challenger T/A and it has a 741 3rd member with Sure-grip 3.91 gears. I'm guessing this is not original (I don't have a broadcast sheet to 100% confirm).

That said, as I go about putting together a correct 489 3rd member setup, should I use a 10 or 29 spline 7290 yoke? I'll also need to locate a nice 2883782 propeller shaft I suppose.....20 years and counting.....does it ever end?

Getting darn close though  :tired:

JS29

@BillyB  I would think the course spline would be the way to go  :alan2cents: What are your plans for the 3:91's with case. I might have a use for them!  :thinking:

BillyB

Thanks for the reply JS29. Maybe some T/A aficionado will chime in to confirm  :dunno:

No solid plans for the 741 setup with 3.91s.

I have a 489 case non Sure-grip with 3.23s, another 489 case, and a clutch style Sure-grip.

I also have a 69 Super Bee that needs a Sure-grip setup, but I'm not sure if that is a 741, 742, or 489 case (need to reference the broadcast sheet I suppose). I'll have to work something out across both vehicles. The Bee had a Dana 3.54 (not original) and was missing the N96 hood when I bought it 20 years ago. I traded the Dana for a cobbled together b-body 8 3/4 (with the 489, 3.23s, non Sure-grip), an extra 489 case & clutch style Sure-grip, and a rough but usable N96 hood. Now I'm trying to make heads and tails of what I got and what I need to procure to satisfy both the T/A and Super Bee builds.  :thinking:

Skdmark

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane: