Main Menu

1970 383 R/T throttle linkage

Started by broughj, February 14, 2020, 12:22:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

broughj

I must have something assembled wrong with my linkage.  I have a correct 4368 Holley carb and what is supposedly the correct throttle bracket and kickdown linkage.  However, nothing lines up very well.  Anyone have some pictures of how it should all go together?  Thanks,

John

headejm

Cuda Cody

@broughj  Does this help?  (Click photos to enlarge)

broughj

Thanks for the help. Looks like I do have all the parts assembled correctly. The picture from Cuda Cody looks like the throttle cable and the kick down link line up a good bit better than on mine.  I'm going to play with it a bit more and see if I can get everything to lineup a bit better.

Thanks,

John

Chryco Psycho

You should be able to tweak the bracket outward a bit so it is more inline . :alan2cents:

broughj

It was the throttle bracket.  I found another one in my extra parts and noticed it was made a little bit differently than the one I initially used.  Bolted that one on and things lined up as they should.  Perhaps the bracket I used at first was for a 2BBL or maybe an AVS equipped engine.  After looking at some pictures of the kickdown linkage on other cars, I'm starting to wonder if what I have is correct for my setup.  The parts manual identifies quite a few different part numbers for the rods and bellcranks for various body and engine combos.  I have not been able to find the part numbers or any ID stamped on any of the parts that I have, so without a known original to compare with not sure how to figure out if what I have is correct or not.  I can adjust what I have so that it gets full travel at WOT, so perhaps I should declare it good enough.  Thanks for the help!

anlauto

Yea, trying to "piece together" a set is pretty difficult with all the different versions out there. Most times it's just easier to buy a new set-up. Thankfully it sounds as if you have your set all figured out now :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Agreed: Quite a few pieces and no #'s stamped on them makes it tough. One of the reasons I hate basket cases.
Sheldon