Main Menu

1970 Challenger 340 with Air Conditioning Fuel Line routing

Started by jamesroney, March 16, 2020, 06:23:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

jamesroney

Can anyone tell me if the fuel line for a 70 LA engine with Air conditioning goes to the LEFT of the heater hose, or does it go to the RIGHT of the heater hose?

I bought a new fuel line kit (from the pump to the carburetor) and it has two pieces. The short piece attached to the carburetor points directly at the heater hose.

I just don't know whether it should bend to the inside, (Left Side, Driver's side) or to the outside. (Right side, Passenger side)

If it goes to the left of the heater hose, I am going to have to remove the AC compressor and do some creative bending to the pump line.  If it goes to the right of the heater hose...then I have to bend the carburetor line.

Any advice is appreciated...
BS23N0E

jamesroney

OK, it looks like I found the answer.

The fuel line routes under the AC compressor,  Inboard, (Left) of the heater hose.

Near as I can tell, the engine was assembled, with the fuel pump and fuel line, water pump, bypass hose, heater hose, and maybe even upper radiator hose installed...prior to mounting of the air conditioner.

Thanks to all...
BS23N0E

benlavigne

Hello @jamesroney , glad you found your answer!
If you own an original A66 340 Challenger, there is a website dedicated to them, with links to the Facebook group, and a form to put it in the registry @340challconvert is putting together.

https://a66challenger.com/

Thanks!

Ben