Main Menu

1970 challenger 440 - Fuel Pump

Started by Michael_B767_ATP, October 09, 2021, 12:17:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi Everybody,

I'm a 60 year old on oxygen and I need to replace the fuel pump in my c70 challenger. What's the easiest way to swap this out without bending too much, can't breath while bending over. Will I need any special swivel type sockets to get at the bolts?

Thanks
Mike

anlauto

9/16'' shallow socket, 6" extension, 3/8" ratchet should get the job done, 1/2'' flare nut wrench might be needed to undo the fuel line....
not sure how to avoid the bending over bit :thinking: a lot easier from the topside then from underneath  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

I think you would be better off doing the job from under the car. Cardboard to lay on works well for me. Take tools like socket set, screwdriver short extension and 1/2-9/16 wrench's.  :alan2cents: 

anlauto

I find it hard to work on the fuel pump around the K Frame from the bottom, but if it's more comfortable for you, then by all means have a shot at it  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi,

Thanks for the quick replies. Guess it's going to depend on how long I can stay bent over, if not I'll have to deal with the K frame. Just glad I don't need a special swivel sockets to get in there, broke my swivel attachment and don't have a replacement.

Thanks again!
Mike

JS29

Forty years of body work has given me chemically burnt lungs, I know what you are going through.  :console: But doing that job is all done bent over the fender.  :alan2cents: