Main Menu

1971 440 engine

Started by dodgemania, December 13, 2018, 09:11:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodgemania

i ran over this 71 440 engine i don't know what car its out of i never seen those manifold before with the square hole on top of manifold maybe you guys can tell me that and what carb will you recommandate for a standard engine 440
thank you in advance

RUNCHARGER

Maybe marine? I would be tempted to make a turbo manifold out of it. What does the other manifold look like?
Sheldon

dodgemania

it's the only pics i got but i bought it last night and will be here about spring i guess so i will order some parts for it. the carb was dryed out so i want a new one for the engine i was thinking about a cfm 600 or 750 the engine is for a cruiser

Cuda Cody

Do you know what the compression is or the cam that is in it?   :burnout:

dodgemania

Quote from: Cuda Cody on December 13, 2018, 10:32:22 PM
Do you know what the compression is or the cam that is in it?   :burnout:
no they only tell me its standard 440 and the heads was rebuild about 4 years ago and the carb was dryed out all the other stof is with the engine

RUNCHARGER

It's hard to beat a 3310 Holley 750cfm Vacuum for a simple carb that can be tuned for a mild 440.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

there are so many better carbs available now , Proform seems to be the best value for the $$ Spent . I would not run less than 750 CFM on any 440 ,  , the factory used 800 CFM . I have never seen those manifolds either , probably very easy to adapt turbos though

dodgemania

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 14, 2018, 03:54:08 AM
there are so many better carbs available now , Proform seems to be the best value for the $$ Spent . I would not run less than 750 CFM on any 440 ,  , the factory used 800 CFM . I have never seen those manifolds either , probably very easy to adapt turbos though
Hi Chryco Psycho  do you have a link for a good one. i think by the time i will go with a light power upgrade only want more power like a truck..

Chryco Psycho

https://www.manciniracing.com/proformnew180.html
Here you go
there are other similar carbs with or without choke , I never bother with chokes as these cars are generally driven only in good weather

Chryco Psycho

RJChallenger

A buddy of mine had a 426 wedge motor out of some big boat.( I do mean lake going boat) They were a matched pair . One engine rotated in the opposite direction. I would check the rotation of this engine , just to make sure it the normal rotation.

dodgemania

Quote from: RJChallenger on December 14, 2018, 04:40:54 AM
A buddy of mine had a 426 wedge motor out of some big boat.( I do mean lake going boat) They were a matched pair . One engine rotated in the opposite direction. I would check the rotation of this engine , just to make sure it the normal rotation.
good advice i will tjek that before shipping.

dodgemania

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 14, 2018, 04:17:03 AM
https://www.manciniracing.com/proformnew180.html
Here you go
there are other similar carbs with or without choke , I never bother with chokes as these cars are generally driven only in good weather
thanks for the link Chryco Psycho .

dodgemania

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 13, 2018, 10:45:28 PM
It's hard to beat a 3310 Holley 750cfm Vacuum for a simple carb that can be tuned for a mild 440.
thanks runcharger i will also tjek the holley carb

RUNCHARGER

The 3310 is simple and cheap. Another good street carb is an 800CFM AVS. Could you give us a photo of the intake manifold though, just to ensure it still is a square bore design? It may have been changed to a 73 and up TQ manifold.
Sheldon