Main Menu

340 Carb and Kick Down Linkage

Started by Mrbill426, May 24, 2020, 12:22:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mrbill426

Does anyone have a clear photo or photos they can post of the factory throttle (Thermoquad) and kick down linkages installed for a '72 340 W/727?  It has factory A/C too if it matters.  It seems like there were several factory setups and brackets back then  :huh:
Thanks!

Mrbill426

Chryco Psycho

340 with TQ carb
I hope this helps

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Rich G.

Good luck finding the correct one. I bought 2 different setups just like the ones pictured and both were to short. I wound up modifying one of them to fit. Waiting for some license plates so I can road test it to see if it works right.

73_Cuda_4_Me

I have a 73 factory thermoquad throttle linkage and kickdown, if that works on a 72... single rod kickdown...
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

Mrbill426

Thanks very much guys I appreciate the photos  :twothumbsup:
Looks a bit elaborate; now I can dig through my box of linkages to see if I have all the parts for up top.  It had some sort of "street legal?" Holley on it when I bought it and the linkage had been welded on (maybe to modify?) but I want to take it back to the original carb.  I am planning a LD340 though so I guess the geometry might be a little affected... anyone (hopefully) done this using factory linkages?

How about the linkages down on the transmission; any photos of the stock setup?

Thanks again!

Mrbill426

@Chryco Psycho thanks.  That has a lot of springs on it; is that stock?

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 25, 2020, 11:02:39 PM
340 with TQ carb
I hope this helps

Chryco Psycho

should be double springs 1 inside the other for the front throttle linkage , the kickdown link usually only has one spring more like the second picture .

Mrbill426

Ok, thanks  :bigthumb:

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 26, 2020, 11:32:26 AM
should be double springs 1 inside the other for the front throttle linkage , the kickdown link usually only has one spring more like the second picture .