Main Menu

340 Rubber oil pan gasket

Started by tdwnilla1, June 29, 2018, 08:36:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

tdwnilla1

hi everyone, I am sure that I am not the first one to ask however, I have been looking for a one piece rubber oil pan gasket for my 1973 Cuda stock 340. I found a Miloden online that says it is for a 360 and I thought the block was the same for them but apparently I am wrong. Has anyone had any luck trying the 360 Miloden gasket on a 340 ? Does such a thing exist for the 340 and if so can anyone provide a part number so I can get the correct one ?

Shane Kelley

I don't think anyone makes it. I have been searching myself and keeping a eye out. No luck yet. I think the 360 has a bigger rear main cap where the pan fastens.

tdwnilla1

Thank you, good luck and if you ever find one please let me know !!

Burdar

Yah, 318 and 340 are the same.  The 360 is different.  Did they ever use a one piece gasket on the 5.2 Magnum engines?  If they did, that should fit a 340 I think.

Chryco Psycho

there is a difference in the 318 mag , can't remember exactly maybe it uses the 360 rear seal size
@MOPAR MITCH will know , he works for Fel Pro

MOPAR MITCH

The 318/340 are different than the 360 because of the rear oil pan radius.

Off hand, I don't recall the Fel-Pro numbers, but there are two choices:   Cork rubber sides... and a rubber-coated dense fiber... I use the rubber coated dense fiber as it is more resistant to saturation vs the cork-rubber.   The rubber front front/real seals are the same materials.  Regardless which ones you use, make certain the oil pan flanges are flat (as well as the bolt holes), optional few dabs of contact cement to attach/align the side rail gaskets, install the rubber f/r seals dry, with only a dab of RTV at the four intersecting corners... torque to spec.

The Fel-Pro Performance race oil pan gasket set is the same as the rubber coated fiber regular set... just different packaging.

(I worked for Fel-Pro for for 22 years as an aftermarket product engineer, later Federal-Mogul acquired Fel-Pro.... I had 30 years total with them.. beginning in 1976... now with another large company within the automotive industry.)

Chryco Psycho

but there is no 1 piece rubber gasket for the LA & the magnum is different somehow  :thinking:

tdwnilla1

Thank you for all of the information, great to have knowledgeable people to ask.......... the world is running short on that these days !!