Main Menu

340 T/A Rocker arms & Shafts

Started by Car-nutt, August 29, 2017, 06:53:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Car-nutt

I have an extra set of 340 T/A Rocker arms & Shafts, does anyone know what they are worth. I am thinking of selling them but don't know for how much. I may just keep them for spare. I have called a few places and no one has them (used), or will give me a approximate "asking" price.

Cuda Cody

If they are good original usable parts then they are pretty hard to find.  I have an extra set of T/A heads that I would like to find rockers for so if you find out what you want for them please let me know.  I know they are not cheap.

anlauto

How can you tell them apart from 273 rockers ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

I'm not very familiar with 273 rockers so I could be off on this, but aren't the 273 all the same and the T/A Rockers are offset?

Quote from: anlauto on August 29, 2017, 09:41:32 AM
How can you tell them apart from 273 rockers ?

anlauto

That makes sense I guess 'cause the push rods are pushed outward more...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

70/6chall

I'm pretty sure, and mind you I'm going on memory here,that the 273 rockers are adjustable, the 318 rockers are stamped and are non-adjustable. If I can recall back in the day the small block gang with 318's would use 273 rockers to take advantage of the adjustable use. As if 340 compliant not really sure.       Thanks,   Al

FlatlandTA

I've seen sets sell anywhere from 450(good deal)to 750,also seen guys asking upwards of 1k but I'm quite sure those don't get sold,never know though.
I have an extra set as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuda Cody

Car-nutt

70/6chall

Thought about I'm almost certain the 273 rockers will work for the 318,340 and 360. However you run into problems w/ push rod length.
           A- engine Hydraulic....... 7.514"
           A- engine mechanical (solid).........7.340"
Off the shelf P/R could be compromised by to many variables eg: milling of block and or heads, base circle on cam w/ gasket thickness. You should probably borrow a P/R checker and measure them yourself then you'll have a sure fit. 273 P/R will work on a 318,340 and 360 but not w/ roller cam.
      Jegs has Hi- energy P/R set for Chrysler 273-360 cu.in.
       1964-1986 Hyd. lifters w/ adjustable rockers
        5/16" dia. 7.389" intake 7.389" exhaust.           16 to a pkg.        thanks,   Al

Floyd

70/6chall

Great info Floyd, out paces what I could put down. This all should help the original poster.   
Thanks,   Al

anlauto

... Good one for the reference Library  :alan2cents:

Car-nutt

Thank You everyone for your help, I will be posting pictures later today.

Car-nutt

As requested