Main Menu

4 link bolt on Parallel recommendations for 73 Barracuda

Started by wolfpack, September 23, 2020, 09:00:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

wolfpack

I have looked at few 4 link bolt on Parallel systems. And I am lost. Any suggestions. I want to get the maximum width tire without mini-tubbing the car.

Gerst, Magnum force, RMS, Ridetech, Freakride, Art Morrison.
What have you installed and what rear width tire do you have without mini-tubbing.

I want the car lowered as I am running an RMS front end

anlauto

I've installed two of these Control Freak suspension systems https://www.freakride.com/

But the wheel tub will still get in the way of a really wide tire :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

wolfpack

Do you think you would be able to put an 20"rim 11" wide tire ?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

gzig5

I think it has been documented that the stock wheel well will swallow up to a 18" 325/335 section tire (maybe larger) if you get the springs out of the way.

11" wide tire is only a 275, so it should be no problem for a 29" tall 275 -20" as is now.  I've got 255 70-15 on mine which is taller and only 1/2" narrower and I have a lot of room with stock spring location. 

You need to be looking at bigger tires before you need to change anything.

anlauto

The tires we used on the above red Challenger measure roughly 10" wide mounted on a 17" X 9" rim
You can see how much room there is to the inside and outside of the wheel well....but this car is not that "low" either...

Chryco Psycho

Just wondering why you want to go to a 4 link just to fit Max size tire in a stock wheel , just move the leafs in & you are good , an 11" tire overall width should fit with a 20" rim as there will virtually no sidewall

HP2

Challengers can easily mount a 335 with a spring relocation.  Beyond that you need to get into tub and frame rail modifications. Cuda may be a skosh behind that at 305-315 since they have slightly smaller wells.

I've currently got 305 under my Challenger on a 10" rim with a 1" spring relocation. It still has room on both sides of the tire. No need to go with an after market set up unless you need wide adjustment range of geometry and quick spring rate changes.

Brads70

I'm running 295/40/18 with 11" wide rims in mine with nothing more that a DrDiff spring relocation kit. 
I'd pass on the 4 link deal... :alan2cents:

wolfpack

Brads70

B-BODY width rear end,  DrDiff offsets hangers and shackles. Offset in the rear is 5.5" 

anlauto

The four link deal will not improve your ride quality for sure, so I don't think the added clearance is worth the swap unless you WANT the pro-touring, resto-mod type look....for that, you can't beat the aftermarket suspension look.