Main Menu

4 speed pedal setup ?

Started by RJChallenger, November 10, 2018, 04:51:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RJChallenger

Is there a difference in 3 and 4 speed transmission pedal assemblies?  also  is 70 another one year only or the pedals the same for all five years. I'm finally installing the pedals and brake booster together. These pedals don't seem to fit very well without minor modifications

anlauto

No difference in 3 speed and 4 speed pedals . 1973 and 74 pedals have a different shape to them then 70-72, but they should fit in the car without issue
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Morty426

Quote from: anlauto on November 10, 2018, 04:57:15 AM
No difference in 3 speed and 4 speed pedals . 1973 and 74 pedals have a different shape to them then 70-72, but they should fit in the car without issue

Yep

What part of the installation doesn't seem to want to go?

RJChallenger

OK thanks Alan, That's good to know as I still need a over center spring and pin. I had to trim the pedal assembly to clear the steering column brace. It seems to be about 1/4" short in overall length,otherwise the pedals are installed.

RJChallenger

Thanks Alan , Morty . I'm installing a 74 pedal assembly in my A66 challenger . The steering column support brace wants to be in the same place as the mounting frame of the pedals. I had o modify the housing to clear the support brace